Go Sports Mad! for Everyman
Go Sports Mad! and dress
up in your favourite
sports clobber, all in the name of Everyman.
Hang up your suit, uniform or jeans for one day and don your football team’s strip, cricket whites or aerobics gear and donate £1 towards the fight against male cancer.
Interpret it how you wish; if you have never set foot inside a gym why not use Go Sports Mad! as an excuse to cool down in the summer heat and wear your surf shorts and t-shirt to work? Or if that all sounds a bit tame for you…dress up for a day as your sporting hero or, go totally bonkers and get people to sponsor you wearing a wetsuit, snorkel and mask for the day!
How to get involved
1. Nominate a Go Sports Mad! champion to communicate the event throughout your workplace and to collect entrance money
2. Set a date for your dress down day
3. Advertise your event by downloading the Go Sports Mad poster (836kb)
4. Download the Go Sports Mad Sponsorship form (480kb) and start fundraising!
4. Inspire and recruit friends and colleagues using the email, intranet, and work notice board
5. Make the day as enjoyable and different as possible,
use the following ideas to create a carnival type atmosphere:
- Decorate the staff canteen
- Hold a competition for best outfit
- Organise a team sporting activity at lunchtime / after work such as 5-a-side football, or sports day games
- Take lots of photos and post them onto your staff intranet site
- Use the day as a team building activity
- Invite the local press to record your event
After your Go Sports Mad Day
Collect all monies, and send your donation by cheque or postal order, including your adress details to Everyman, Go Sports Mad, 123 Old Brompton Road. London. SW7 3RP.
Enclose your photos from the day to Everyman so that we can also show off what great things you have been up to.
All organisers will receive a Go Sports Mad certificate of taking part and funds raised.